Godrevy Beach and Lighthouse
Click an image for larger view.
Built in 1858, Godrevy Lighthouse, named after Godrevy Island upon which it sits, dominates the sea line at St Ive's Bay in Cornwall.
Once manned by a small team of just 2 that lived in the adjoining cottage, it was automated in 1995 and is now solar powered.
Godrevy Beach itself stretches 3 miles of sand. With a cafe and numerous car parks, it is popular all year round with beach goers, walkers and surfers.
The area is owned by National Trust.
Walking up to the North Eastern side of the headland gives a great view of a secluded cove that cannot be accessed, but is home to many seals that can often be seen enjoying the quiet beach.
Accessing Godrevy Beach couldn't be easier. It owned and managed by National Trust who provide numerous (pay and display) car parks at the site along the stretch of beach.
The car parks at the lower end provide easy access to the beach, but the further in you drive, the walk down to beach becomes a little more demanding.
The site is just off the B3301 at Gwithian, about 6 miles from Camborne.